Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Did it make a difference?

Alumni,
Did your service & mission experience change your life? Or not?
It's important for us to hear both! Please leave a comment!
Tell us who you are, how you served, and what God did.
Did God use your experience to:
-make you more grateful?
-humble you?
-make you a more committed follower of Jesus?
-forge long-term relationships?
-give you passion to do justly, love mercy and walk humbly with God?
-open your heart to service?
-help you discover the richness of other cultures and nations?
-instill generosity in giving to service and missions organization?
-make you less materialistic?
-call you to some kind of life-long service?
-give you new perspective on poverty?
-give you courage to reach out to neighbors and friends?

The only wrong answer is no answer, and its never too late!
Reflect on your trip NOW and God may still use it.

grace and peace,
Matt Hunter

ps- check out other posts to read about alums in mission, student testimonies and this years plans.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I do believe that my mission made a difference in my life, and continues to do so to this day. I spent the summer of 2006, between my Junior and Senior year at Messiah College, in Guatemala working at an orphanage/mission outreach center. While my impact on the members of the community during my summer may have been small, their impact on me and how I model my life has been large.

    It's easy to let life take a hold of you and forget about what you did, and who you saw, and the experiences that you had...but they always have a way of fighting their way to the forefront of your mind when it's most necessary.

    Because of my time in Guatemala, I find myself paying more attention to international news, listening to politicians views on international affairs more closely, and defending illegal immigrants rather than wanting them out of my country. I am more prone to donate (both my time and money), quicker to invite someone to church, and more thankful for all that God provides me with.

    Because of this, I look back on my mission experience in Guatemala fondly, and would encourage anyone with the opportunity to travel for such a wonderful cause to do so.

    ReplyDelete